This one is for Scott-O-Rama who tagged me in the Music Lyrics Meme game two weeks ago (I'm finally getting off my keister and playing!):
For those guessing the songs (this is where you come in): You can make your guess by leaving a comment or e-mailing me. Looking the lyrics up on Google or any other search engine is cheating! Please play nice!
1. "Two of us riding nowhere, spending someone's hard-earned pay"
"Two of Us" by the Beatles (Aimee Mann and Michael Penn for me) (Ryan)
2. "Just like the white-winged dove, sings a song sounds like she's singing"
"The Edge of Seventeen" by Stevie Nicks (Ed Z)
3. "Doesn't take much to make me happy, and make me smile"
"Best of My Love" by the Emotions (Spyro)
4. "We got somethin' we both know it, we don't talk too much about it"
"Refugee" by Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers (Joe)
5. "Now you're back in my arms again, let your heart be rearranged"
6. "Don't look over my shoulder, I'm trying to read"
"For Your Eyes Only" by Blondie (Robb)
7. "He was on his way home from Candletop"
"The Night the Lights Went Out in Georgia" by Vicki Lawrence (Dennis!)
8. "If she knew what she wants"
"If She Knew What She Wants" by the Bangles (Dennis!)
9. "She moves like she don't care, smooth as silk, cool as air"
"Maria" by Blondie (Ryan)
10. "He's infinitely wise, but he infinitely lies, we're no longer just plain folks"
11. "Brain engages mouth, mouth expresses thoughts, of how we shared those fun fair rides"
"This Summer" by Squeeze (Richard)
12. "Good morning to you I hope you're feeling better baby"
13. "All you can do is grow up, haven't you heard that enough?"
14. "I got my first real six-string -- oh, at the Five and Dime"
"Summer of '69" by Bryan Adams (Ed Z)
15. "Oh the heads that turn make my back burn"
"She Sells Sanctuary" by the Cult (Ryan)
16. "Oh yeah, baby, I wanna tell you something girl, God intended and you planned it"
17. "All your life you've waited for love to come and stay"
"The Goodbye Girl" by David Gates (Michael)
18. "She paints her fingernails forbidden tones"
"Pink Bedroom" by John Hiatt (Rosanne Cash for me) (Richard)
19. "Working on the weekend, baby. She's working all through the night."
"Skin Trade" by Duran Duran (Richard)
20. "You need a friend someone to say, get your act together"
Saturday, June 03, 2006
Posted by Kenneth M. Walsh at 8:17 AM