Monday, May 16, 2016

Hoping Fur a Miracle

Although we are taking it day by day, I'm happy to report that little Larry had a pretty good weekend -- which is noteworthy given that about a week ago we had booked a tentative appointment for "humane euthanasia" when it appeared he was rapidly deteriorating. Not only was he able to lie in his favorite (adorable) pretzel position without coughing/wheezing ...

he was also on high alert for pigeons ...

and found a comfy place to hang out after we comfort fed ourselves. (Adorable!) Many weeks ago I had tried to get Larry in to see a doctor at Animal Medical Center known to be "the best" in the business only to find out there was a six-week wait, which seemed to be too far out of reach. Turns out his appointment was/is for this Friday -- so barring anything catastrophic this week, it looks like we may be taking him in to see Dr. Palma after all. Although we've been told there isn't anything else that can be done for Larry -- and he does, indeed, seem to be slowing down -- I'm still hoping we can get a definitive diagnosis so we can at the very least start the right palliative care, if not suddenly have an explanation for why his cavities keep filling with lymphatic fluid. A huge thank-you to everyone who has contributed to Larry's medical fund so far -- I will, of course, keep you posted on any updates. Despite the odds, I still haven't given up on the little guy!

Learn more about my critter's plight HERE.


After seemingly being too tender to be touched all weekend, look who jumped into bed this morning for some cuddle time? Needless to say, this week has started out on a very high note! xo


edmcan said...

Heart breaking news, but full of hope for Dr. Palma. Big hugs for you know who.

Gary said...

Come on Friday! He is quite the cutie. Wishing you all the best!

Jeff Mitchell said...

Glad he had a good weekend and hope you find out what's going on with him. BTW...did you know that you and Larry have a very handsome man in your bed?