Monday, April 15, 2013

Post Mortem


The always-sketchy New York Post either had the BEST coverage of today's horrific bombings in Boston, or the WORST. So far, it was CORRECT about the police having a possible suspect, who is "currently being guarded in a Boston hospital with shrapnel wounds." (The Boston PD blatantly denied it, saying they "didn't know where the Post is getting its information" before NBC and CBS reported the same thing -- HOURS later.) All day, the Post has been saying a dozen people died, while every other news organization has stood by the two figure. So far, no word who is right -- but here's hoping the Post is wrong on this one.

 12 dead, at least more 50 injured after terror attack on Boston Marathon, suspect identified and being guarded in hospital

4 comments:

BosGuy said...

First reported death is of an 8 y.o. I'd like to beat the crap out of the person / people who did this.

To say I'm furious is an understatement. I was two blocks from the second bombing and can't believe someone would do this.

My eternal thanks to the 1st responders who did an amazing job today.

BosGuy
www.BosGuy.com

Matthew Rettenmund said...

Looks like the Post was really, really wrong: The death figure was way off (so far) and they just denied a suspect's in custody.

Kenneth M. Walsh said...

There is a 20-year-old Saudi student who is considered a person of interest, so I would give The Post that one.

Matthew Rettenmund said...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/16/ny-post-boston-bombings_n_3092814.html

Everyone got stuff wrong, they more than most. But everyone went off on the unexploded devices that were non-existent. I think they should out their sources when shit is just fucking made up.

Share This

Blog Widget by LinkWithin